No buttons/icons chroot environ on an android Xoom tablet

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
armido

No buttons/icons chroot environ on an android Xoom tablet

Post by armido » 28 Dec 2012 21:47

This concerns zyGrib install in a Debian Wheezy chroot environment on an android Motorola Xoom tablet.
zyGrib version 3.29 worked flawlessly in the above described environment before it was made obsolete. No matter what I do, zyGrib 6.0.2 displays thusly:

Top bar and menu items overlap bar below and only icon showing - the quit button. No other buttons/icons are visible. Random clicking along second bar opens blank windows.
Top bar Menu items appear to function normally showing small icons where they should be.

I have installed qwt-6.0.1 and qwt-6.0.1-devel. I have /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5 installed and zyGrib "make" uses Qt-4.8.5 qmake even when I try to use /usr/bin/qmake-qt4 as an alternative - set in update-alternatives --config qt. It does not matter if I export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/include ; also installed from source.

zyGrib launched from within a terminal produces:

"Error: BadDrawable (Invalid Pixmap or Window Parameter) 9 Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea) Resource id 0x0"

Is it possible the Window Parameter is the problem because the main menu bar overlaps the bar below partially obscuring the only icon that displays - the quit icon.
I found this post: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/ext ... Fmake-a-qt If this is a possible solution which file in the source tree is changed, and how?

Thanks,
armido

DomH
Site Admin

Re: No buttons/icons chroot environ on an android Xoom table

Post by DomH » 29 Dec 2012 05:34

armido wrote:This concerns zyGrib install in a Debian Wheezy chroot environment on an android Motorola Xoom tablet.
zyGrib version 3.29 worked flawlessly in the above described environment before it was made obsolete. No matter what I do, zyGrib 6.0.2 displays thusly:

Top bar and menu items overlap bar below and only icon showing - the quit button. No other buttons/icons are visible. Random clicking along second bar opens blank windows.
Top bar Menu items appear to function normally showing small icons where they should be.

I have installed qwt-6.0.1 and qwt-6.0.1-devel. I have /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5 installed and zyGrib "make" uses Qt-4.8.5 qmake even when I try to use /usr/bin/qmake-qt4 as an alternative - set in update-alternatives --config qt. It does not matter if I export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/include ; also installed from source.

zyGrib launched from within a terminal produces:

"Error: BadDrawable (Invalid Pixmap or Window Parameter) 9 Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea) Resource id 0x0"

Is it possible the Window Parameter is the problem because the main menu bar overlaps the bar below partially obscuring the only icon that displays - the quit icon.
I found this post: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/ext ... Fmake-a-qt If this is a possible solution which file in the source tree is changed, and how?

Thanks,
armido
Hi,

It look like you did not change the structure of the repository of zyGrib and the icons are not found anymore.
Now all needed data are in a repository called data (the structure is OK in the source compressed file or in the .deb ready for use (https://zygrib.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=156)

Happy new year
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

armido

Post by armido » 29 Dec 2012 17:18

DomH,

Thanks for your reply. I have installed qt4-qmake, qtconfig, dev-tools, sdk and others all version 4:4.8.2+dfsg-2.

libqt4 all version 4:4.8.2+dfsg-2; libqwt-dev version 6.0.0-1.2, libqwt5-qt4 version 5.2.2-3, , libqwt6 version 6.0.0-1.2.

update-alternatives settings are correct.

File structure of installed zyGrib is as described on the zyGrib site. it makes no matter whether the installation is in the root directory /data or /usr/local/share/zyGrib/data. Results are the same. Beneath /zyGrib are /bin /grib and /data. Within /data is /colors /fonts /img /stuff /config /gis /maps /tr

I recompiled and installed zyGrib using /usr/include/qt4 rather than /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5/include and result is the same.

Whether using /usr/include/qwt or /usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/include - both versions 6, results are identical.

zyGrib compiles without reported errors.

Do you see anything in the above information that may point to the source of my problem?

Thanks!
armido

DomH
Site Admin

Post by DomH » 29 Dec 2012 18:26

armido wrote:DomH,

Do you see anything in the above information that may point to the source of my problem?
armido
Hi,
Not like that, but I will try to think of it
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

armido

Post by armido » 30 Dec 2012 21:33

DomH,

G'day.

I started out from ground zero, following some steps I missed and succeeded at getting zyGrib to work.

Problem solved.

Thanks,
armido