Download not working

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
pauldowd

Download not working

Post by pauldowd » 08 Feb 2019 03:08

Hi,
I've been using ZYGrib for some years now, always great. Suddenly the download is not working - when I click download it hangs during the "make file on server" process. Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers,
Paul

jza
Site Admin

Re: Download not working

Post by jza » 09 Feb 2019 23:58

Hi,
Sorry, no idea.
The server is fully fonctional. There has been no breakdown for several weeks, except for http strict mode (the bug has been fixed for a few days).
A+
Jacques

pauldowd

Post by pauldowd » 11 Feb 2019 14:20

Hi Jacques,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I realise the server is working because I am able to get grib files by email via the internet form.

I have tried disabling my Kaspersky firewall, but the download process still hangs up at the "Make file on server" stage. I am using ZYGrib v8.0.1. Is there a newer version? I also note that there is no proper installation process - I extract the archive and just click the .exe and it works. Could this be a problem? I am using Windows 10.

Could the bug fix for the HTTP strict mode have caused a different problem? You say it was fixed a few days ago and this seem to approximatey coincide with the start of my problem.

This problem is a pity because its a great program but now is cumbersome to use by having to fill in the online parameters everytime I need to update the grib file.

Cheers,
Paul
S/V Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

pauldowd

Post by pauldowd » 14 Feb 2019 16:21

Jacques,

Now that I am back in Grenada its working fine again. Must have been something to do with the server in Trinidad.

Sorry for troubling you.

Cheers,
Paul