zyGrib server problem

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
Bkopmaz

zyGrib server problem

Post by Bkopmaz » 13 Mar 2019 16:18

Good Day,
I am having connection problems on the zygrib.
When tried to connection, i am facing the error on the screen as Error: Connection refused.

It was working normally 4-5 days ago and now cannot reachable.
Would you please check and advise is the server working now?

Thanks,
Bekir

jza
Site Admin

Re: zyGrib server problem

Post by jza » 14 Mar 2019 12:45

Hi,
Please, don't scream (I had to rewrite your title in lowercase).

Perhaps errors during last server update: https://www.zygrib.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1221
A+
Jacques

Bkopmaz

Post by Bkopmaz » 15 Mar 2019 07:54

Hi Jacques,
Thanks for the feedback. As i see now the connection still refused. I don't know what changed after server update process, but i cannot download any grib file from softwre. Do you have Black / White list filtering system after upgrade?
As i know it was working smoothly before, now cannot reachable.
Pls advise.
Thanks,
Bekir

hansael

Post by hansael » 20 Mar 2019 14:22

Good afternoon,

We are facing the same problems on some 300 vessels after server update. I believe that this is due to onboard firewalling (all vessels use satellite conneciton) - IP address of Zygrib server must have changed. Please advise to which IP addresses (and ports) does Zygrib software use in order to receive grib files.

Many thanks in advance!

jreid

Post by jreid » 08 May 2019 19:36

Good Day,

I too have a fleet that has been unable to download grib files since the server update. I am able to ping 93.90.195.237.80 from a PC on the vessels and I can download grib files if I remote in through a proxy server, but the vessels are unable to reach the server and download themselves over VSAT connection. I have been trying to get them to upgrade from v 7.0.0, but I do not know if this is the solution or not. Please provide what ports and IP addresses are being used as well as an further assistance possible.

Best Regards!

jreid

Post by jreid » 10 May 2019 16:49

The original complaint was that that the Zygrib program is returning "empty file" when attempting to download grib files over a VSAT connection. This is due to changes with Zygrib's server now using HTTP 2 file transfer, which is incompatible with older versions of Squid. The solution to this issue, in our case, is to disable the squid proxy and the file will then be allowed through.

jreid

Post by jreid » 13 May 2019 15:23

As a suggestion to Zygrib developers from our engineers. Would it be possible that when your transmission is denied due to the version that instead of failing the response that you reply with the response using HTTP 1 as done with many other services including web browsers? This would allow the file to go through on connections that may be failing. I think that you would agree that this would be far better than having to shut off their cache or having the provider suggesting that they use a different service.