Please consider adding the route function,thanks.

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
binghelang

Please consider adding the route function,thanks.

Post by binghelang » 09 Apr 2020 12:26

Good day zyGrib developers,Greetings!
I'm a worldwide navigation officer working on merchant ships, I have been using zyGrib for more than 5 years, this is a very good programm for sailors to monitor the weather around the ship and helped me so many times, though most of the worldwide merchant ships now are using Elctronic Chart Display and Information System(ECDIS) and some of them contains weather information function,for example SPOS from Meteo Group company and Bon Voyage System from Storm Geo company(the snapshot),I still keep zyGrib in my computer and recommand it to my colleges.
I have a functional suggestion for zyGrib,that is to add the routes function in the programm,enable the users to draw a route or inport a route in GPX formats,the programm will display the route after draw a route or imported a gpx format route,and then enable to display the position point(which calculated depends the input estimated ship speed by user) in every 3 6 9 12 or 24 hours intervals(with wind or wave information on that time) on the route line,this would be a great user experince for sailors to well know the weather along the route in a glance,maybe the attached photo could help to describe what I mean,and hope could add this function in the recent version.

Thanks and B.rgds
StormGeo-NaviPlanner-BVS-Route-Optimization21.jpg
Bon Voyage System Snapshot