Suggesting a hand

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
alexrider

Suggesting a hand

Post by alexrider » 30 Aug 2010 17:28

Suggestion:
A hand to pan the map. Arrows are not very convenient...
Thanks
Alex
Last edited by alexrider on 31 Aug 2010 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

DomH
Site Admin

Re: Suggesting a hand

Post by DomH » 30 Aug 2010 20:55

alexrider wrote:Suugestion:
Thanks
Alex
Hi,

Certainly interessant, but I strictly do not understand what you ask, sorry for that.
If you give clear explanation, it may help.

Finally, consider that this kind of request will not be taken into consideration, as you forgot to catch that saying hello is necessary.
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

alexrider

Post by alexrider » 31 Aug 2010 14:37

DomH wrote:
alexrider wrote:Suugestion:
Thanks
Alex
Hi,

Certainly interessant, but I strictly do not understand what you ask, sorry for that.
If you give clear explanation, it may help.

Finally, consider that this kind of request will not be taken into consideration, as you forgot to catch that saying hello is necessary.
Sorry DomH for not knowing the local etiquette.
For your info, I had introduced myself a moment earlier in another section of the forum:
"Bonjour a tous!
Je suis un newbee ici, car je viens de decouvrir le programme apres des annees d'utilisation de UGRIB, tres bon egalement mais moins parametrable.
Je suis deja impatient d'avoir la version a venir qui affichera GPS, cartes marine, vagues et courant, car je suis un kitesurfer et marin (sur voilier, bien entendu).
J'ai mentione zyGrib sur kiteforum: http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 00#p665300
Cheers,
Alex"

I suggest that you write down your rules at registration time, because there are other forum admins prefer posters that do do not waste bandwidth with formalities and get straight to the matter. Since you consider politeness necessary, may I in turn say that I found your comment "consider that this kind of request will not be taken into consideration, as you forgot to catch that saying hello is necessary" cannot compare in rudeness to a missing "hi"?

Regarding my question about the "hand", here is a definition (found on http://www.yourdictionary.com/computer/grabber-hand):
A screen tool that is shaped like a hand and is used to move objects within a window. For example, if the image is larger than the current window size, the grabber hand lets you scroll the image. When the tool is selected, the screen pointer turns into the hand. When clicked on an image, it "grabs" it so it can be moved.

All the best,
Alex

coogor

Post by coogor » 20 Nov 2010 11:53

So, similar like okular or most PDF viewers let you move the content.

Yes, a great improvement!

SYO2

Post by SYO2 » 16 Dec 2010 15:15

Hi,
this would be great and probably more precise than anything else...
I really look forward to be able to use this fantastic tool.
73·s
ON3CHD