Route options

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
Post Reply
coogor
Posts: 43
Joined: 29 Mar 2010 10:04

Route options

Post by coogor » 16 Nov 2012 17:41

Hi,
I used zyGrib for some weather routing on a trip from Gibraltar to the Canaries. What I really missed is the option to enter a start point, and then either course and speed, or to manually add additional points with ETA values - and then see the Wind speed and direction at the single positions in a tabular format.
Sure one can do that manually, but if you play some 'what-if' scenarios, it can be some effort.
I know at least one navigation program that does automatic weather routing using grib files, but thats around 1250$ license fee....
Thanks!

jza
Site Admin
Posts: 600
Joined: 19 Jan 2009 00:22

Re: Route options

Post by jza » 18 Nov 2012 20:23

Hi
It would be done in the future... no precise date ;)
A+
Jacques

DomH
Site Admin
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2009 09:03

Re: Route options

Post by DomH » 20 Nov 2012 21:19

coogor wrote:Hi,
I used zyGrib for some weather routing on a trip from Gibraltar to the Canaries. What I really missed is the option to enter a start point, and then either course and speed, or to manually add additional points with ETA values - and then see the Wind speed and direction at the single positions in a tabular format.
Sure one can do that manually, but if you play some 'what-if' scenarios, it can be some effort.
I know at least one navigation program that does automatic weather routing using grib files, but thats around 1250$ license fee....
Thanks!
Hello,
You can use qtVlm (http://wiki.virtual-loup-de-mer.org/index.php/QtVlm), which use zyGrib data and allow to create routes and automatic routing
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

Tropelio
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Mar 2009 17:47

Re: Route options

Post by Tropelio » 21 Nov 2012 22:31

DomH wrote: Hello,
You can use qtVlm (http://wiki.virtual-loup-de-mer.org/index.php/QtVlm), which use zyGrib data and allow to create routes and automatic routing
Hi,

Very interesting program that I did not know. Thanks a lot for mentioning it.

As I can see, it shares some of the zyGrib features and code. I have tried to contact the authors in order to offer them to translate the program into Spanish, but I have not been able to contact them since I do not speak French. Could you help with that?

Thanks a lot,
Tropelio

DomH
Site Admin
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2009 09:03

Re: Route options

Post by DomH » 21 Nov 2012 23:02

Tropelio wrote:
DomH wrote: Hello,
You can use qtVlm (http://wiki.virtual-loup-de-mer.org/index.php/QtVlm), which use zyGrib data and allow to create routes and automatic routing
Hi,

Very interesting program that I did not know. Thanks a lot for mentioning it.

As I can see, it shares some of the zyGrib features and code. I have tried to contact the authors in order to offer them to translate the program into Spanish, but I have not been able to contact them since I do not speak French. Could you help with that?

Thanks a lot,
Tropelio
Attach is the english translation, replace with spanish version using qt4 linguist and change name of file replacing en by es.
Send it to me (translation at zygrib dot org) and I will transmit to the author of qtVlm.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
qtVlm_en.ts
(385.31 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests