Synthetisation of a vertical data column

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
Fabian

Synthetisation of a vertical data column

Post by Fabian » 08 Nov 2013 13:43

Jaques,
I came across zygrib when searching for a tool that will create datafiles as they are used in the software bufkit. I don't know if you are familiar with the software, but it displays weather data for a single location based on postprocessed grib data, for example from GFS or NAM. It then usually gives you plots with time on the x-axis and altitude on the y-axis.
I wonder if there is any way of creating similar datafiles using the grib file generated and downloaded by zygrib. What steps would be required in order to achieve such data? Is there any way of getting in touch with you via email or telephone?

Kind regards,
Fabian
Attachments
thCA6STI3I.jpg
An example for the kind of data produced by bufkit. The matter here: data is not available for every location