format description of zyGrib gribfile

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
gisma

format description of zyGrib gribfile

Post by gisma » 26 Apr 2015 08:41

Hello Jacques,

it is my first visit so first of all hello to all and thank you *very* much for this great piece of software!

Due to this I want to ask if:
1) it is first possible to give the format descriptions of the exact grib file structure(s) zygrib will be able to read. Then it would be fairly easy to integrate non supported data sources by the users themselves.

2) second to integrate an optional possibility to choose also something like "user defined data fields" (like convergence etc.) in the same way as it is possible now to choose variables and heights...

Background of this suggestion is my interest to use zygrib as an high quality viewer for ARPS model runs that are focusing high resolution windfields etc in the CBL. If you could give a description of the GRIB formats that you generate on the server for zygrib I can produce my output according to it (and I don't need to spent the time to analyze all possibilities out of the data). If you could integrate "user variables" it would be even possible to integrate some more variables. As far as I have understood the posts in the forum this would be very helpful for some other users too.

I also would offer any support I can give.

again thanks and cheers

Chris