[solved] 3.9.9: Compilation error (openSUSE 11.x)

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
coogor

[solved] 3.9.9: Compilation error (openSUSE 11.x)

Post by coogor » 10 Jan 2011 16:29

Hi,

just transferred the new source to the openSUSE Build Service, and received some compilation errors.

Code: Select all

GUI/ui_CurveDrawerDialog.h:26:22: fatal error: qwt_plot.h: No such file or directory
Are there any new dependencies or libraries that need to be included?
Thanks
Last edited by coogor on 15 Jan 2011 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

jza
Site Admin

Re: 3.9.9: Compilation error (openSUSE 11.x)

Post by jza » 10 Jan 2011 21:00

Hi,
Sorry, I forgot the announcement on the site : from now the QWT library is needed (version 5 ok, version 6 not tested).
It's easy to compile it, but there is probably a package for your distribution.
http://qwt.sourceforge.net/
A+
Jacques

coogor

Post by coogor » 13 Jan 2011 22:46

Thanks for the hint... but I'm still struggeling. I have included qwt-devel-5.2.1 (which contains the file qwt_plot.h )and libqwt, but the error still occurs in the same place.

I would love to attach the error log, but neither .txt, nor .log or no extention are allowed :cry:

Any idea?

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 14 Jan 2011 01:27

Hi,
Replace the path to your qwt installation directory (where is qwt_plot.h), line 30 the file src/zyGrib.pro

INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/qwt-qt4/
and the name of the linked library in your distribution (line 31)

LIBS += -lqwt-qt4
If you don't know exactly what to write here, you should ask a forum of openSUZE developpers (it's not a zyGrib problem)... and give here the answer for other openSuse users.
A+
Jacques

coogor

Post by coogor » 15 Jan 2011 14:04

For openSuSE, the settings need to be:

INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/qwt/
LIBS += -lqwt
For what reason did you relocate them into the qwt-qt4 directory? I can't spot his in the original source file of qwt. If you intend to keep it like this, I need to find a way to override it in the .spec file.

EDIT: Build for 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3 is done.

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 22 Jan 2011 17:24

coogor wrote:For openSuSE, the settings need to be:

INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/qwt/
LIBS += -lqwt
Thank you for the information.
For what reason did you relocate them into the qwt-qt4 directory? I can't spot his in the original source file of qwt.
A better question would be: why the library path are they not standardized between different linux distribution ?
If you intend to keep it like this, I need to find a way to override it in the .spec file.
There are only 2 short lines to update in the .pro file, this is not an insurmountable job. Or find a way to easily recognize opensuse from qmake.
A+
Jacques

coogor

Post by coogor » 24 Jan 2011 18:24

jza wrote: A better question would be: why the library path are they not standardized between different linux distribution ?
As I checked the file from the qwt-project, it seems that Ubuntu is going their own way - dont ask me why, maybe because it is a Gnome-distribution
There are only 2 short lines to update in the .pro file, this is not an insurmountable job. Or find a way to easily recognize opensuse from qmake.
I have chosen the lazy way: Create a patchfile and activate the %patch tag in the spec file. 3.9.9.1 is build that way.

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 24 Jan 2011 20:54

coogor wrote:As I checked the file from the qwt-project, it seems that Ubuntu is going their own way - dont ask me why, maybe because it is a Gnome-distribution
Ubuntu library path are the same than debian, and other debian-like distributions.
I have chosen the lazy way: Create a patchfile and activate the %patch tag in the spec file. 3.9.9.1 is build that way.
Sorry, I do not know the solution really satisfactory and universal.
A+
Jacques

coogor

Post by coogor » 24 Jan 2011 22:54

jza wrote:
coogor wrote:As I checked the file from the qwt-project, it seems that Ubuntu is going their own way - dont ask me why, maybe because it is a Gnome-distribution
Ubuntu library path are the same than debian, and other debian-like distributions.
...that may be the problem, no idea. As said, on the files from http://qwt.sourceforge.net/ I could not find any *-qt4
Sorry, I do not know the solution really satisfactory and universal.
adding a patch file is a quite common approach, it works for openSUSE and probably for other (RPM) distributions - did not try Fedora yet.

Anybody who is interested can download the files (spec and patch) here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/file ... ome%3ADocB