Want to pay for a new level work (775hPa) in meteotable

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
emi

Want to pay for a new level work (775hPa) in meteotable

Post by emi » 04 Sep 2013 19:11

Hello Jacques, first of all congratulations for the program. It is for me, the most important tool to study meteorology, as it has a nice interface and is full of data. Sorry for my English.

My name is Emilio Tacchi, I have 20 and I live in Cordoba, Argentina and dream of studying Meteorology, but it is only possible in Buenos Aires (capital town of Argentina). For now, teaches me one meteorologist and otherwise knowledge is self-taught.
I live in Córdoba province, and I have a country side to 2150 meters above sea level. GFS, in its current resolution (although is increasing) consider the mountains of Cordoba on 1500 meters. Further south, there is a mountain of 2790 meters, which it considers to 1300 meters, as it is in the middle of an interpolation between the mountains of Córdoba and San Luis mountains (province further south). From the technical, it is possible to change the height(or altitude) of the terrain? (I would do the work of high-resolution maps for this location). Or that information has to be modified from the original NOAA GFS gribs?

What real interests me is this: I need the 775 hPa level, for meteotable with the different variables that are now in zyGrib. This is really what I need, and I'm willing to pay for this job if you are good enough to do it. The only thing, our corrupt governments have made here 1 euro = 9 pesos :(. Looking forward to your reply!, And I congratulaton again for the program .. I use it day and night. Hahaha. Thank you!!

jza
Site Admin

Re: Want to pay for a new level work (775hPa) in meteotable

Post by jza » 28 Sep 2013 11:29

Hi,

zyGrib is totally free of charge. It just need time to develop it, a lot of time!
It is open source, so you can give a part of your time if you want to improve it, no money.

There are a few data at 800 hPa in the skewt diagrams: wind, temperature, dew point...
A+
Jacques

emi

Post by emi » 02 Mar 2014 02:02

Thank you for your response!
Yes! I want to develop it!! How can I start? I'm learning now QT only to develop zyGrib! Please, let me know how I could start. One person who knows QT will help me. I will do it with the meteolorogy knowledge, and she will help me in advanced QT things.
I speak Spanish, sorry if my english isn't well. Please, tell me how to start so I give her what she needs ;)
Again, congrats for zyGrib!

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 05 Mar 2014 00:10

Hi,
The complete source code is in the linux version.
That is the begining.
A+
Jacques