Problem with connection with server

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
kleijn

Problem with connection with server

Post by kleijn » 31 May 2010 23:34

After starting downloading the grib file, the process stops. As I push the button 'server status' the program zygrib returns with, in the head of the screen, "not responding". Zygrip has worked from january on this computer without any problems. It is a Windows version 3.8.2.. I have updated to the new version 3.9.2. But this version gives the same problem.

Can somebody help me. :?:
Remark:
All my setting of the old version are also available in the new version, so I think that there is some bad file somewhere on the computer.
Attachments
zygrib screen.jpg
screen shot
zygrib screen.jpg (76.26 KiB) Viewed 17617 times

jza
Site Admin

Re: Problem with connection with server

Post by jza » 01 Jun 2010 06:45

Hi,
Perhaps a firewall or proxy mistake.
Hopefully someone who understands windows can help.
A+
Jacques

kleijn

Post by kleijn » 01 Jun 2010 11:27

Hello Jacques,

I can download IAC fleetcode files. Thus I think that the fire wall or the proxy setting isn’t the problem.

Can you tell me, or somebody else where the user setting are stored, so I can delete these to start fresh.

Thanks.

Tjebbe

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 01 Jun 2010 13:37

kleijn wrote:I can download IAC fleetcode files. Thus I think that the fire wall or the proxy setting isn’t the problem.
Ok.

Please:
- download an IAC analyse file
- immediatly after download an IAC forecast file
- immediatly after try to download a grib file
- write here the UTC hour you do that.

I will try to see what happens in the server log file.
A+
Jacques

kleijn

Post by kleijn » 01 Jun 2010 20:31

Hello Jacques,

I have downloaded the IAC and IAC + 24 hrs. The download of the grip file didn't work. I have retried this after some time. But know at saving the IAC file the programm stops.

I have the file data added in a attachment

The time of the first try was UTC 16.07 and the second 21.27

Thanks,

Tjebbe
Attachments
IAC files.jpg
IAC files.jpg (6.83 KiB) Viewed 17590 times

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 01 Jun 2010 21:37

Hi,
There is no error on the server logs (good new for the server, bad new for you).
I can trace all your connexions of today and yesterday. Each time the grib file was computed and send without problem. I don't understand...

As a last resort, try to restore initial configuration. Two objects must be deleted :
1. the file "zygrib.ini" in the directory "config"
2. the zygrib entry in the Windows registry: use regedit to completely remove zygrib entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software

Restart zygrib. If you see the langage chooser at startup, the initial state is restored and default values are loaded.

I hope...
A+
Jacques

kleijn

Post by kleijn » 02 Jun 2010 07:24

Hello jacques,

It didn't work. I have made a system restore of the computer to a date 1 week earlier. This works. I wend also back to the old version. 3.8.2. I will also test the new version.
This look also good.

Thanks,

Tjebbe

kleijn

Post by kleijn » 14 Jun 2010 19:06

Hello Jacques,

I think that I have a clue about the problem. I have found the same problems on a other PC. On this PC i had already installed the Iridium software. After installing the new zygrib version, the new version didn't work i gives the same problem.

with regards,

Tjebbe Kleijn

Algasi

Post by Algasi » 18 Jun 2010 10:13

I have the same Problem. In my case works it fine but since yesterday is it not possible to storage the reciped file. I deleted all and removed the Keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software.
After I reinstalled all new, but the Problem isn't solved.

thanks

Louis

kleijn

Post by kleijn » 18 Jun 2010 15:55

Hello,

Zygrib is working after setting back to the situation before installing the Iridium software (doing by a windows restore point). If it is possible to remove all the iridium software manually, I didn't try it. But maybe someone others has don that.
That will the action for me the coming period.

good luck and keep everybody informed,

Tjebbe

Algasi

Post by Algasi » 19 Jun 2010 13:24

Hi

I solved my problem. The reason for my problem was the last windows update. I deleted the complete Zygrib from the computer. After that I removed all registery entrys with a registery cleaner. Then I istalled zygrib new and it works.

Good luck

Louis

chibbert

Post by chibbert » 24 Jun 2010 22:33

Hello Jacques,

I have had exactly the same problem as the initial post described. I have also recently installed Iridium Direct Connection software.

I followed you instructions, which did not help resolve the problem.

I then uninstalled the Iridium Direction Connection software and hey presto... problem solved...

Also interesting was that even if the Iridium Direction Connection program was disabled, or exited, the connection problem still remained. It was only after fully uninstalled the Iridium software that the problem was solved.

Chris
jza wrote:Hi,
There is no error on the server logs (good new for the server, bad new for you).
I can trace all your connexions of today and yesterday. Each time the grib file was computed and send without problem. I don't understand...

As a last resort, try to restore initial configuration. Two objects must be deleted :
1. the file "zygrib.ini" in the directory "config"
2. the zygrib entry in the Windows registry: use regedit to completely remove zygrib entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software

Restart zygrib. If you see the langage chooser at startup, the initial state is restored and default values are loaded.

I hope...

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 28 Jun 2010 22:14

Hello,
Sorry, I know nothing about Iridium connexion.
Zygrib establish a standard TCP/IP connexion on the classical HTTP port 80, nothing more.
A+
Jacques