Using zyGRIB in other software?

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
nigelmercier

Using zyGRIB in other software?

Post by nigelmercier » 24 Jul 2011 18:14

My chartplotter software on my boat will overlay data from GRIB files. I tried with a zyGRIB GRIB file, and although it opened OK, the data was displaced, and not all the data was displayed (see attachments).

Does this mean that the zyGRIB GRIB files are non-standard?
Attachments
test.jpg
zyGRIB display
test2.png
Chartplotter display

DomH
Site Admin

Re: Using zyGRIB in other software?

Post by DomH » 24 Jul 2011 20:22

nigelmercier wrote:My chartplotter software on my boat will overlay data from GRIB files. I tried with a zyGRIB GRIB file, and although it opened OK, the data was displaced, and not all the data was displayed (see attachments).

Hello,

No that is the opposite, your tool use non standard GRIB files and do not know how to do with GRIB files that respect the define standard
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

nigelmercier

Post by nigelmercier » 24 Jul 2011 23:30

DomH wrote:
nigelmercier wrote:My chartplotter software on my boat will overlay data from GRIB files. I tried with a zyGRIB GRIB file, and although it opened OK, the data was displaced, and not all the data was displayed (see attachments).

Hello,

No that is the opposite, your tool use non standard GRIB files and do not know how to do with GRIB files that respect the define standard
I've tried two other viewers, neither produce the right results from the zyGrib GRIB files.

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 24 Jul 2011 23:51

nigelmercier wrote:I've tried two other viewers, neither produce the right results from the zyGrib GRIB files.
Above all, learn manners, you are not talking to machines (try to say hello, or just hi, as in the real life, it's very easy).

ZyGrib files are fully recognized by NOAA tools, the reference. If you want to use ineffective software, it's your problem, not ours.
A+
Jacques

nigelmercier

Post by nigelmercier » 25 Jul 2011 09:33

jza wrote:
nigelmercier wrote:I've tried two other viewers, neither produce the right results from the zyGrib GRIB files.
Above all, learn manners, you are not talking to machines (try to say hello, or just hi, as in the real life, it's very easy).

ZyGrib files are fully recognized by NOAA tools, the reference. If you want to use ineffective software, it's your problem, not ours.
Bonjour Jacques,

Comment ça va?

Sorry if I seemed rude. I actually think that zyGrib is fantastic, but it is sometimes handy to view GRIB files in the chartplotter.

Nigel

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 02 Aug 2011 23:16

nigelmercier wrote:Bonjour Jacques,
Hello Nigel :)
it is sometimes handy to view GRIB files in the chartplotter.
OpenCPN does that very well.
http://www.opencpn.org/
It's opensource, free ... and uses a very nice grib file decoder ;)
A+
Jacques