automatic boat position plotting

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
sailfurther

automatic boat position plotting

Post by sailfurther » 18 Oct 2011 17:02

Hello, I'd like to thank the developers of this program. I think it is my new favorite GRIB viewer. I was wondering if there are plans to add automatic boat positioning to the program like in Viewfax. Namely:

"You can enter your boat’s position, course and speed, and the software will advance your position as you step through the forecasts and display the forecast wind speed and direction at each step for your projected location."

DomH
Site Admin

Re: automatic boat position plotting

Post by DomH » 18 Oct 2011 20:13

sailfurther wrote:Hello, I'd like to thank the developers of this program. I think it is my new favorite GRIB viewer. I was wondering if there are plans to add automatic boat positioning to the program like in Viewfax. Namely:

"You can enter your boat’s position, course and speed, and the software will advance your position as you step through the forecasts and display the forecast wind speed and direction at each step for your projected location."
Hi,
Opencpn.org is doing it and is using zygrib.
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

vladys_p

Post by vladys_p » 17 Aug 2012 13:47

Good day! Just downloaded ZyGrib 6.0.0 and found programm very useful. Please let me know is there any possibility to add route tracking module to this programm. It will be very convenient to have it. Your reply to vladys_p@mail.ru will be very appreciated. Or ma be you know other similar programs where this option is available. Good sailing and luck :D And many thanks to Manufacturers of ZyGrib! :D Vladyslav

DomH
Site Admin

Post by DomH » 19 Aug 2012 07:19

vladys_p wrote:Good day! Just downloaded ZyGrib 6.0.0 and found programm very useful. Please let me know is there any possibility to add route tracking module to this programm. It will be very convenient to have it. Your reply to vladys_p@mail.ru will be very appreciated. Or ma be you know other similar programs where this option is available. Good sailing and luck :D And many thanks to Manufacturers of ZyGrib! :D Vladyslav
hi,

opencpn (http://opencpn.org/ocpn/) is the tool you need and it use zygrib for meteo data:
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH