Windows 7 installation

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
AlanT

Windows 7 installation

Post by AlanT » 29 Oct 2012 14:56

I have unzipped both the smaller and the larger maps versions of Zygrib for Windows but the exe files won't run and I get the error message that the qwt.dll file is missing. However it is there in the same location as the exe file. Can anyone advise how to get round this? Many thanks, Alan

Pleiades

Re: Windows 7 installation

Post by Pleiades » 30 Oct 2012 00:34

I know this doesn't solve your problem but I can confirm that I installed the latest release on Windows 7 without any problem. The only thing I did need to do was set to tick the "run as Administrator" property so that it could access the grib files. It's unlikely to be a general issue with Windows.

AlanT

Re: Windows 7 installation

Post by AlanT » 30 Oct 2012 20:22

I have now sorted out the problem and all seems well. Alan