Compiling zyGrib under Windows

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
kraemer

Compiling zyGrib under Windows

Post by kraemer » 27 May 2009 15:10

Hello,

currently I am trying to compile zyGrib under Windows with QT 4.5. There are the following questions:

First, I had to activate the part in the project file where the "ui_*.h" files are mentioned. It seemed as the environement generates these files.
Second, I can't find any "regexp" library as it is stated for Windows only. So I commented "LIBS += -lregex" out.
Now the project is compiled but not linked. The linker cannot find the bzip2 and the proj-Library.
So I think, I made any mistake configuring paths in my QT-environment.
Does anyone has any hint, what paths have to be setup? Is there any special location where the zygrib source-tree has to be copied?

Thank you

jakers

Re: Compiling zyGrib under Windows

Post by jakers » 23 Jun 2009 19:59

were you able to solve your problem compling under windows? I am having similar problems. What do you mean by having to "activate the part in the project"?

I am new to Qt so that is probably part of the issue. I'm using Qt 4.5.1 and zyGrib 3.4.1

thanks

kraemer

Post by kraemer » 24 Jun 2009 07:04

Hello,

I am new to QT, too. So I'm thinking it's part of the problem, too. By now, I am not able to compile on Windows platform.
"Activating" means that in the project-file, there is a section where ui_*.h-files are generated. And there is a condition that they are not generated when compiling under windows (such as "if not defined WINDOWS", sorry, I do not have access to the code at the moment of writing this). So I removed this condition, and now, using QT 4.5, these files are generated on Windows, too.

Greetings

mghisla

Post by mghisla » 05 Jul 2009 16:44

I assume you are trying to compile from inside Qt Creator.

I solved the linking problem by modifying the LIBS line in the zyGrib.pro file as follows:

LIBS += -Lbzip2/release -lbz2 -Lzlib-1.2.3/release -lz -Lproj-4.6.0/src/release -lproj

(added text in bold. Change to /debug if you are creating a debug version instead of a release one).

Regards,
Marco.

pratikbhatia199

Post by pratikbhatia199 » 18 Mar 2012 18:23

Hello,
Even I want to compile zyGrib under windows, but I haven't used QT4 before. Can you mail/send a link for a step by step guide as to how you did it?